District 518 signs royalty agreement
WORTHINGTON -- For the first time, Worthington Trojan apparel will soon be available at the local Walgreens store.
The District 518 Board of Education approved a royalty contract with the store during its meeting Tuesday. The district will receive 10 percent of the purchase price for every item bearing the Trojan logo that is sold, explained Superintendent John Landgaard.
"Those type of funds would come into the general fund, but we could designate them to extracurricular funds if we so desired," he added.
The agreement is non-exclusive, and the district may opt out at any time.
- Approved resignation of Pat Shaughnessy as head baseball coach with Worthington High School and of Leyvi Hinjosa as paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary.
- Approved employment of Adam Johnson as EBD teacher; Carissa Franken-Spaar as EBD teacher with special programs at Worthington Middle School; Jesse Huisman as program aide with 21st CCLC Community Education; Katie Reller as program aide with 21st CCLC Community Education; Randi Mimick as EBD teacher at Prairie Elementary; Jennifer Braa as Class I paraprofessional at the Area Learning Center; Heather Flynn as volleyball coach at WMS; Monique Potter as Youth Initiatives coordinator with Nobles County Integration Collaborative; Mirtha Workman as Language Interchange instructor with NCIC.
- Approved employment of Soom Chandeswang as bilingual program aide with NCIC; Amy Roesner, Keely Harvey, Shelly Gieselman, Teresa Williams, Lori Vetsch Dawn Teerink, Marcy Wetzel and Deb Broesder as paraprofessionals at Prairie Elementary; Joe Kruger as assistant football coach with WHS; Joel Evans as football coach at WMS; Dave Cummings as physical education teacher at WHS; Jose Ortiz-Flores as math teacher at WHS; Justin Spaethe as paraprofessional at WMS; Katie Behnke as early childhood special education teacher at PE.
- Approve the adult lunch price increase to $3.25.
- Renewed CRS Advan-ced Technology Contract; approved adaptive physical education usage agreement with the Worthington Area YMCA.
- Approved a contract settlement with the Worthington Paraprofessionals Association for 2010-2012. Salary and benefit increase is 2.75 percent for 2010-2011 and 1.99 percent for 2011-2012. Approved a contract settlement with the Custodial Association of Worthington for 2010-2012. Salary and benefit increase is 2.58 percent for 2010-2011 and 2.16 percent for 2011-2012.
- Assigned school board members Mark Shepherd and Steve Schnieder to the newly created assessment/data committee and members Linden Olson and Lori Dudley to the curriculum instruction committee.