Letter: Prairie Elementary's K-Kids had great year
Congratulations and thank you to the Prairie Elementary School K-Kids Club on another successful year. Thanks also goes to the faculty advisors to K-Kids, Tiffany Neugebauer and Zach Dingmann, for a job well done, to the parents for encouraging and supporting the K-Kids program, and to Principal Paul Besel and the entire staff for their support and help.
Here is a listing of the activities for 2009-2010:
1. Started the year with an open gym night for all K-Kids members.
2. Sponsored and organized a breakfast with a program to honor all veterans.
3. Collected food items for the Community Christmas Baskets.
4. Decorated Christmas cookies to celebrate the holidays.
5. Attended a boys' basketball game wearing their K-Kids T-shirts.
6. Fighting the winter blues -- organized a week of fun dress up days and provided treats for the staff.
7. Planned and organized the Spring Fling week at Prairie Elementary.
8. Collected 900 pounds of food for Manna Food Pantry in March.
9. Collected Pennies for Patients and raised $895.41 for this project.
10. Sponsored a Hats for Haiti project and collected $400 for Haitian relief.
11. Collected carnival baskets for the school carnival.
12. Collected Campbell Soup labels to be redeemed for school play equipment.
13. Helped with Homecoming days at Prairie Elementary School.
14. Ended the year with an open gym for all K-Kids members.
15. On May 6 the Early Risers Kiwanis Club sponsored an Achievement and Recognition Breakfast for all K-Kids, their parents and Early Risers members.
Prairie Elementary School K-Kids is proudly sponsored by the Early Risers Kiwanis Club of Worthington. Sixty students from the third, fourth and fifth grade participated in K-Kids this year. This concluded the 10th year of the local K-Kids Club.