Letter: Way to go, K-Kids
Congratulations and thank you to the Prairie Elementary K-Kids Club on another successful year. Thanks also goes to the faculty advisors to K-Kids, Heidi Fritz and Tiffany Raymo, for a job well done, to the parents for encouraging and supporting the K-Kids program, and to Principal Paul Besel and the entire staff for their support and help.
Here is a listing of the activities for 2008-2009:
- Sponsored and organized a breakfast with a program to honor all veterans.
- Collected food items for the Community Christmas Baskets.
- Gave the gift of a treat from Java Nau for all staff just prior to the Christmas holidays.
- Participated in the Catch and Release Book Program.
- Collected a total of 1,163 pounds of food for the Manna Food Pantry in March.
- Helped with carnival baskets for the Prairie Elementary Carnival.
- Assisted at the Volunteer Luncheon honoring Prairie Elementary volunteers.
- Helped the Early Risers Kiwanis Club with their Peanut Day in May.
- Sponsored an open gym night for all K-Kids members.
- Helped with Homecoming days at Prairie Elementary.
- Published two issues of a school newspaper.
- Planned and organized the Spring Fling week at Prairie Elementary.
- Helped the staff prepare for Blues Week at Prairie Elementary.
- Collected at least 13,500 Campbell Soup labels to be redeemed for school play equipment.
- On April 30 the Early Risers Kiwanis Club sponsored an Achievement and Recognition Breakfast for all K-Kids, their parents and Early Risers members.
Prairie Elementary School K-Kids is proudly sponsored by the Early Risers Kiwanis Club of Worthington. This concluded the ninth year of the local K-Kids Club.