MPCA lists fines for second quarter
ST. PAUL -- The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) concluded 46 enforcement cases totaling $347,236 in penalties during the second quarter of 2010. The cases occurred at facilities in 33 counties throughout Minnesota.
In this area, fines were issued as follows:
- AGCO Corporation of Delaware Inc., Jackson, for hazardous waste violations: $3,300;
- Red Rock Rural Water Systems, Windom, for water quality violations: $1,343; and
- Red Rock Rural Water Systems, Jeffers, for water quality violations: $1,250.
Penalties for the following cases are all forgivable:
- Steve Erwin, dba Steve's Staining, Worthington, for solid waste violations: $500;
- Green Prairie Co-op, Brewster, for feedlot violations, $500; and
- Highway 60 Pork, Brewster, for feedlot violations, $500.
A summary of environmental enforcement actions can be found on the MPCA's News Media Center website: www.pca.state.mn.us/newscenter/index.html. For questions on specific enforcement cases, contact Stephen Mikkelson, Information Officer at 1-800-657-3864.