Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes for April
Nobles County Board
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington.
Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Gene Metz, Donald Linssen and Robert Demuth Jr. were in attendance.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the March 18, 2014 County Board meeting.
• Jackie VanHorsen, Children’s Librarian, was acknowledged for the Excellence in Performance Award.
• Approved a Workforce Investment Act Joint Powers agreement for the local Workforce Service Area.
• Approved a rezone request to Brad Behrends and Jesse Flynn, Worthington MN, from Rural Residential to General Industry.
• Approved a conditional use permit to David Van Ruler, Rushmore MN for addition of an open lot to house livestock.
• Adopted a resolution amending the Land Use Ordinance and Flood Insurance Rate Maps.
• Approved a conditional use permit to Joe Henning, Lismore MN, for construction of a total confinement barn with concrete pit below for swine.
• Approved retaining Scott Anderson of Rupp, Anderson, Squires & Waldspurger, P.A. for approximately $10,000 to study our land use ordinance and to make any necessary revisions.
• Approved a Boat & Water Safety grant in the amount of $2,321.
• Approved a quote in the amount of $40,251 with Burns Lock & Key for the purchase of 27 readers at the Prairie Justice Center for facility access and security.
• Approved interpreter contracts with Negusu Dorry and Yoseph Gelgelu.
• Approved contract amendments with Nobles County DAC, Specialized Vocational Services, Hope Haven and Client Community Services.
• Approved 2014 Annual Plan Agreement with MN Dept of Human Services to provide one time educational only tobacco compliance checks.
• Approved a Business Associate Agreement with CHAMP Software Inc.
• Approved a Project Agreement with the MN Dept of Health for Community Boards.
• Authorized advertisement for bids for Bituminous Surfacing.
• Agreed to hold a work session on Monday, April 21st process for Redetermination of Benefits.
• Approved a Tax Abatement Agreement with Ferrara Candy Company.
• Approved a credit card request to Pamela Friesen, County Assessor.
• Approved RFP for County identity, communication and positioning.
• Adopted a resolution to oppose the current draft of H.F. 2939/S.F. 2490 impacting future joint powers agreements.
• Approved an amendment to the New Beginnings Lease Agreement.
• Approved March 21, 2014 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $460,586.01
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 12:03 p.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection
in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.