Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - January 21, 2014
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Donald Linssen and Gene Metz were in attendance.
- Approved agenda as amended and proceedings of the January 7, 2014 County Board meeting.
- Approved a resolution approving a land acquisition proposal between Nobles County and the MN Department of Natural Resources.
- Adopted resolution declaring 1994 Collection Trailer, a 1970 Flexible Pipe Rodder and a 1956 Chicago Air Compressor as surplus.
- Adopted a resolution approving the Nobles County Comprehensive Local Water Management Plan.
- Approved 2014 solid waste and recycling hauling permits and burn sites.
- Approved a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Business Associate Agreement with Southern Prairie Community Care.
- Approved an additional 30 day leave of absence request.
- Adopted revised Personnel Policy P-243B Catastrophic Leave Sharing Bank and authorized County Administrator to sign MOU’s with Bargaining Units.
- Authorized County Administrator to set an initial open enrollment for the Catastrophic Leave Sharing Bank upon return of signed MOU’s from Bargaining Units.
- Approved a Customer Support Agreement with NAC Mechanical and Electrical Services.
- Approved a Trust Services Agreement relating to Paying Agent, Registrar and Transfer Agent Services with Northland Securities.
- Approved a Vanguard Computer Systems Service PLUS Contract.
- Adopted a resolution opposing revised Renewable Fuel Standards by the EPA.
- Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
- Presented Nobles County with the MCIT Certificate of Excellence for outstanding experience in Workers’ Compensation for 2008-2012 and for outstanding loss ratio under 50% for property and casualty for 2008-20102.
- Approved January 10, 2014 travel expenses.
- Approved claims for payment totaling $565,930.32.
- No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:19 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the CountyBoardactions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.