Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - March 4, 2014
Nobles County Board
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Donald Linssen and Robert Demuth Jr. were in attendance. Absent: Gene Metz.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the February 18, 2014 County Board meeting.
• Ed Busch, Highway Maintenance Superintendent, was acknowledged for the Excellence in Performance Award.
• Presented a certificate of appreciation to Teresa Vander Plaats, retiring Jail Program Coordinator.
• Authorized payment of $2,500.00 to the Manna Food Pantry as their 2014 appropriation.
• Approved the concept of the Nobles County Communities where Government and School Districts agree to provide 100% Tax Abatement for new construction for a period of 5 years from the date of the certificate of occupation which applies to new residential and rental construction for any value; and further, that staff of the WREDC and Nobles County are directed to work out the guidelines and details.
• Approved amendments to the Employee Wellness and Recognition program.
• Approved an on-sale beer and set-up license for Prairie View Golf Links.
• Approved renewal of annual agreement with Community Connectors.
• Adopted a resolution to approve amending the Joint Powers agreement for the Southern Prairie Community Care.
• Approved a Participant Agreement with Southern Prairie Community Care.
• Approved to recommend to the Minnesota Department of Revenue the Appointment of Pamela A. Friesen as Nobles County Assessor.
• Adopted a resolution for CSAH 1 Bridge Prioritization.
• Approved authorizing Public Works to haul old railroad ties to the County landfill for disposal with the Railway Authority paying the tipping fees.
• Authorized the County Administrator to develop an RFP: for county identity, communication and positioning.
• Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
• Approved Change Order 4 with Doom & Cuypers, Inc. for the Nobles County Facility Improvements in the amount of $21,262.10.
• Approved February 21, 2014 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $784,882.59.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.