Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes for May
Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes May 20, 2014, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Gene Metz, Donald Linssen and Robert Demuth Jr. were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the May 6, 2014 County Board meeting.
• Adopted the Nobles Home Initiative Nobles County Guidelines as presented.
• Held public hearing and adopted resolution approving a tax abatement request for V & O Properties for construction of a tri-plex condominium.
• Approved to award contract for bituminous servicing services to Duininck, Inc., Prinsburg MN in the amount of $6,743,800.24.
• Approved application for 3.2 beer license for a special event with conditions.
• Approved an Overflow Housing contract and amendment to the 2013-2014 Overflow Boarding contract with the Department of Corrections.
• Appointed 2 commissioners to the Nobles County Historical Society.
• Rescinded Tax Abatement Agreement with Ferrara Candy Company dated April 8, 2014 and approved new Tax Abatement Agreement.
• Appointed citizens to the Revolving Loan Fund Review Committee.
• Approved May 2, 2014 and May 16, 2014 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $396,516.97.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:39 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.