Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - September 3, 2013
Nobles County Board
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Donald Linssen and Gene Metz were in attendance.
- Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the August 20th, 2013 County Board meeting.
- Cathy Roos, Secretary II, was acknowledged for the Excellence in Performance Award.
- Adopted resolution to accept the Environmental Assessment for the proposed Great River Energy transmission line.
- Approved a Local Bridge Replacement Program grant agreement.
- Approved a contract renewal with South Shore Care Center for out of home respite services.
- Approved a contract renewal with Nobles County Developmental Achievement Center for work activity services.
- Approved a contract renewal with Lutheran Social Services for the Senior Nutrition Program.
- Approved a contract renewal with Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council for home maker services.
- Approved a contract renewal with Prairie House for group residential lodging.
- Approved the 2014-2015 Child Care Assistance Plan.
- Approved hiring a full time Health Educator contingent upon receiving State Health Improvement grant funding.
- Adopted resolution appointing Beth Van Hove as Auditor-Treasurer effective September 9th, 2013.
- Adopted resolution reappointing Tim Taylor, Adrian, MN to the Kanaranzi-Little Rock Watershed Board.
- Approved payment of $2,130.00 to the Southwest Small Business Development Center as their annual 2013 appropriation.
- Approved payment totaling $29,645.87 for outstanding court appointed attorney invoices.
- Authorized payment of $1,000 to Ridgewater Colleges for development of a Ditch Viewer Course.
- Approved a multi-agency law enforcement joint powers agreement with the State of Minnesota for investigating and prosecuting internet crimes against children.
- Approved holding a special Board meeting at 3:00 p.m., September 10th to set the 2014 not to exceed levy.
- Approved moving the 9:00 a.m. December 5th Board meeting to December 3rd at 3:00 p.m.
- Approved setting a public meeting for 6:00 p.m., December 3rd to discuss the budget and levy.
- Approved August 23rd, 2013 travel expenses.
- Approved claims for payment totaling $476,159.40.
- No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:58 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.