Notice of Hearing on Proposed Additional Assessment
NOTICE OF HEARING ON PROPOSED ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT
To Whom It May Concern:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN:
1. The City Council of the City of Worthington, Nobles County, Minnesota, will meet at 7:00 o'clock p.m. on Monday, the 14th day of October, 2013, in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 303 Ninth Street, Worthington, Minnesota, to pass upon the proposed additional assessment for Sanitary Sewer Improvement No. 67 against the described property benefitted by the improvement:
That part of Lot 7 of the Auditor’s Outlots 1 to 12, inclusive in the South Half of the Southwest Quarter of Section 14, Township 102 North, Range 40 West, City of Worthington, Nobles County, Minnesota, described as follows: Commencing at the northwest corner of said Lot 7 of Auditor’s Outlots 1 to 12, inclusive, according to the recorded plat thereof; thence on an assuming bearing of East, along the north line of Lot 7, a distance of 100.62 feet to the point of beginning; thence continuing East, along said north line, a distance of 300.00 feet South a distance of 200.00; thence West a distance of 200.00 feet; thence North 26 degrees 33 minutes 54 seconds West a distance of 223.61 feet to the point of beginning.
2. The property to be assessed is abutting Sanitary Sewer Improvement No. 67.
3. The total amount of the proposed assessment as to all affected properties is $1.048.47.
4. The proposed assessment roll is on file for public inspection in the Office of the City Clerk.
5. Written or oral objections will be considered at the meeting, but the Council may consider any objections to the amount of the proposed assessment at an adjourned meeting upon such further notice to the affected property owners as it deems advisable.
6. An owner may appeal an assessment to District Court pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 429.081 by serving notice of the appeal upon the Mayor or Clerk of the City of Worthington within thirty (30) days after the adoption of the assessment and filing such notice with the District Court within ten (10) days after service upon the Mayor or Clerk; however, no appeal may be taken as to the amount of any individual assessment unless a written objection signed by the affected property owner is filed with the City Clerk prior to the assessment hearing or presented to the presiding officer at the hearing.
7. The City of Worthington has not enacted an ordinance permitting a hardship assessment deferral for seniors, disabled, or military persons, as provided for in Minnesota Statutes, Section 435.193 to 435.195.
Dated this the 9th day of September, 2013.
JANICE A. OBERLOH, City Clerk
City of Worthington, Minnesota.