Notice of Hearing on Proposed Assessment - Morning View Second Addition
NOTICE OF HEARING ON PROPOSED ASSESSMENT
To Whom It May Concern:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN:
1. The City Council of the City of Worthington, Nobles County, Minnesota, will meet at 7:00 o'clock p.m. on Monday, the 14th day of October, 2013, in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 303 Ninth Street, Worthington, Minnesota, to pass upon the proposed assessment against the properties benefitted by the improvement of the following described property by extension of the municipal wastewater collection system:
Morning View Second Addition
2. The properties to be assessed are those lots within Morning View Second Addition.
3. The total amount of the proposed assessment as to all affected properties is $7,406.47.
4. The proposed assessment roll is on file for public inspection in the Office of the City Clerk.
5. Written or oral objections will be considered at the meeting, but the Council may consider any objections to the amount of the proposed assessment at an adjourned meeting upon such further notice to the affected property owners as it deems advisable.
6. An owner may appeal an assessment to District Court pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 429.081 by serving notice of the appeal upon the Mayor or Clerk of the City of Worthington within thirty (30) days after the adoption of the assessment and filing such notice with the District Court within ten (10) days after service upon the Mayor or Clerk; however, no appeal may be taken as to the amount of any individual assessment unless a written objection signed by the affected property owner is filed with the City Clerk prior to the assessment hearing or presented to the presiding officer at the hearing.
7. The City of Worthington has not enacted an ordinance permitting a hardship assessment deferral for seniors, disabled, or military persons, as provided for in Minnesota Statutes, Section 435.193 to 435.195.
Dated this the 9th day of September, 2013.
JANICE A. OBERLOH, City Clerk
City of Worthington, Minnesota.