One-room schoolhouse open in summer
PIPESTONE -- The District No. 3 one-room schoolhouse at L. H. Moore Park, Pipestone, will be open to the public from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays throughout the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
District No. 3, also known as the Farmer School, was originally 4½ miles west of Pipestone near Minnesota 30. It was built around 1880 and closed its doors in the 1960s. It was moved to the Pipestone County Fairgrounds, and in 1984 to its current location at Moore Park. It is maintained by the Pipestone County Historical Society.
Admission to the schoolhouse is free. It is also open for special events and by appointment. Donations are appreciated and will be put toward the continuing upkeep of the building.