Partnership seeks federal funding applications
SLAYTON -- The Southwest Minnesota Area Transportation Partnership is seeking applications for Transportation Enhancement Projects eligible for federal funding in the following counties: Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville and Yellow Medicine. Projects require a 20 percent cash match.
The 2015 Transportation Enhancement Projects applications are available by contacting Annette Bair, Southwest Development Commission, 2401 Broadway Avenue, Suite 1, Slayton 56172-1142, (507) 836-1631 or email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Oct. 18 to local regional development commissions for preliminary review and comment. Final applications are due Nov. 19 to Bair at the above addresses.
Eligible transportation enhancement projects include:
- Provision of facilities for pedestrians and bicycles
- Provision of safety and educational activities
- Acquisition of scenic easements and scenic or historic sites
- Scenic or historic highway programs
- Landscaping and other scenic beautification
- Historic preservation of a transportation-related structure
- Rehabilitation and operation of historic buildings, structures or facilities
- Establishment of transportation museums
- Preservation of abandoned railroad corridors
- Control and removal of outdoor advertising
- Archaeological planning and research
- Mitigation of water pollution due to highway runoff
For more information on the enhancement program, contact Jarrett Hubbard, Mn/DOT District 8, (320) 214-6362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.