Rentschler family farms in Rock County for 100 years
HILLS -- The 80 acres of southwest Minnesota farmland now owned by the Ronald W. and Lori L. Rentschler Revocable Trust is another of the several area properties celebrating a century of family ownership this year.
Located on 11th Street in Hills, and within Rock County's borders, the land was first purchased by R.L. Rentschler and his wife in June 1913 from Lars Engebretson.
The homesteaded property was used to raise corn and soybeans. The Rentschler family built a new home on the place in 1914, and it remains in use today.
Walter Rentschler next owned the land, and he held it until Ronald Rentschler took over the property title in 1978.
The Ronald W. and Lori L. Rentschler Revocable Trust has been in place for the past seven years.