Several work sites in progress in city
WORTHINGTON -- The following are current street construction projects, according to the City of Worthington Engineering Department:
* Elmwood Avenue water main reconstruction (Oxford Street to West Clary Street): Pipe work was completed on Aug. 2. Pavement restoration began on Aug. 6.
* 2012 biuminous overlays location: Sherwood Street overlay work scheduled for late August.
* Reconstruction of alleys in Block 28 (between Sixth Avenue and Seventh Avenue and Ninth Street and 10th Street): Began work July 30. Work continues on concrete alley approaches.
* Airport chemical loading pad and storage building: Began work July 27 with building foundation. Building structure work continues.
* Reconstruction of Franklin Street (East Avenue to Murray Avenue) and Sherwood Street (Murray Avenue to Nobles Street): Work began Aug. 6 on Franklin Street; work began Aug. 8 on Sherwood Street.
* Oxford Street water main reconstruction (Smith Avenue at Oxford Street, and on Oxford Street toward Humiston Avenue): Work began Friday on Smith Avenue.
Additionally, storm sewer work on Ninth Avenue from Clement Street west toward Winifred Street is scheduled to begin today.
Ninth Avenue will be closed to through traffic from Clement Street to Winifred Street. Restricted local access on Ninth Avenue will be available as construction permits.
Weather permitting and construction proceeding as planned, traffic should be restored to normal in about two weeks.