Summary of Minutes for Nobles County Board
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
August 5, 2014, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Gene Metz, Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr. and Donald Linssen were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the July 22nd
• Nan Henning, Eligibility Worker, was acknowledged as the recipient of the Nobles County Excellence in Performance Award.
• Adopted amended Nobles Home Initiative Nobles County Guidelines.
• Held public hearing and adopted resolutions approving tax abatement requests for Michael and Steven Johnson and Robert and Donna Tims for construction of single family homes.
• Approved a legal services agreement with Kayla Johnson for prosecution services.
• Approved to award contract for bridge replacement services to Henning Construction, Adrian MN in the amount of $1,554,893.10 as lowest responsible bidder.
• Approved contract renewals with Nobles County DAC, Specialized Vocational Services, Hope Haven and Client Community Services with a 5% increase in the rate.
• Approved agreements with Avera Medical Group Worthington for provisions of a Women’s Infant and Children (WIC) Satellite and Medical Consultant Services.
• Approved July 25, 2014 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $819,956.84.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:39 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is
available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web