Summary of Nobles County Board Minutes - July 23, 2013
Nobles County Board
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Donald Linssen and Gene Metz were in attendance.
- Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the July 2nd, 2013 County Board meeting.
- Approved conditional use permit #14-2013 to Verlyn Timmer, Ellsworth, MN for an expansion of an existing livestock site.
- Approved conditional use permit #15-2013 to Crown Castle, Cannonsburg, PA to replace a 400' telecommunication tower that was damaged.
- Approved conditional use permit #13-2013 to Carol Pospisil, Worthington, MN for exterior storage that exceeds performance standards of a residential area.
- Approved the MPCA County Feedlot Performance Grant Agreement.
- Public informational meeting was held at 9:15 a.m. for benefited property owners on Judicial Ditch 11B.
- Approved denying request to replace tile line on Judicial Ditch 11B and repairs will be made as breaks occur.
- Approved Administration and County Board research setting a policy addressing future issues on judicial ditch systems and look at reappraisal of the county judicial ditch system.
- Approved denying the request from the Worthington Country Club to provide rip rap to protect their pond.
- Adopted resolution approving a $10.00/per vehicle wheelage tax.
- Approved a Post Warranty Hardware & Software Maintenance Services and Support Agreement for voting equipment.
- Mark Johnson, Jerry Lonneman and Brent Feikema, Lincoln-Pipestone Rural Water, presented the Board with an annual update.
- Adopted resolution appointing Terri Janssen, Health Supervisor, as the official agent of the Board for the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Approved tabling request to hire two property appraisers to the August 6th, 2013 meeting.
- Approved a labor agreement with LELS representing Sheriff’s Department Licensed Essential (Deputies) Employees.
- Approved a contract with Trusight for a Classification and Compensation Study.
- Approved pilot program for flex scheduling for unions and authorized signing of memorandum of understandings with unions
- Approved appointing Tom Johnson to the EMPAC Board.
- Authorized payment of 3rd quarter appropriation to RSVP.
- Approved July 12th, 2013 travel expenses.
- Approved claims for payment totaling $591,134.63
- No further business, meeting adjourned at 12:15 p.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.