Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes
Summary of Minutes
February 18, 2014, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Gene Metz, Donald Linssen and Robert Demuth Jr. were in attendance.
- Approved agenda and proceedings of the February 4, 2014 County Board meeting.
- Approved the 2014-2015 MPCA county Feedlot Program Delegation Agreement and Work Plan.
- Approved replacing Bridge 53513 with precast concrete culverts.
- Approved a renewal agreement with Ahlquist and Wiltrout, LLP for legal services.
- Approved the 2014 Township Road Allocation.
- Designated the Farmers Room as the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and approved the $15,300 expenditure to purchase equipment.
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding with Independent School District to host the WIC satellite at the West Learning Center.
- Approved a 30 day leave of absence request.
- Discussed legislative issues with Representative Joe Schomacker, Representative Rod Hamilton and Senator Bill Weber.
- Tabled action on the Southern Prairie Community Care Amendment to Joint Powers Agreement.
- Rescinded resolution 201410 and adopted a resolution delegating authority for designating depositories and authorization of investments to the Auditor-Treasurer, Chief Deputy Auditor-Treasurer and Finance Director.
- Adopted a resolution supporting legislation allowing Counties to designate their County website to publish public notices.
- Approved a Trust Services Agreement relating to Paying Agent, Registrar and Transfer Agent Services
- Adopted the vision statement “Looking forward with purpose.”
- Approved February 7, 2014 travel expenses.
- Closed the meeting under M.S. §13D.05 Subd.3(a) for performance evaluation.
- Approved claims for payment totaling $609,065.08.
- No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:21 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.