Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes
Nobles County Board
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Gene Metz, Donald Linssen and Robert Demuth Jr. were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the May 20, 2014 County Board meeting.
• Presented a certificate of appreciation to Michael Thies, retiring Financial Assistance Supervisor.
• Stephani Diekmann, Fiscal Supervisor, was acknowledged for the Excellence in Performance Award.
• Held public hearing and adopted resolutions approving a tax abatement request for Dennis and Jean Meester, Aaron and Kia Nystrom, and Jay and Lisa Milbrandt for construction of single family homes.
• Adopted a resolution approving a land acquisition proposal between Nobles County and the MN Department of Natural Resources.
• Approved conditional use permit #15-2014 to Jesse Feeken, Rushmore MN with a condition for construction of a calf barn.
• Approved conditional use permit #17-2014 to Penning Brothers, Wilmont MN with a condition for construction of an 80’ x 300’ calf barn and 49’ x 395’ cattle finishing barn with concrete below.
• Approved conditional use permit #19-2014 to Randy Hein, Brewster MN with conditions for construction of a 102’ x 192’ hog finishing building with concrete pit below.
• Approved conditional use permit #20-2014 to Aaron Nystrom, Worthington MN with conditions for construction of a deep pitted cattle barn.
• Approved conditional use permit #21-2014 to Nick Einck, Wilmont MN with a condition for a home extended business to consist of a used car dealership.
• Authorized a parade permit for the City of Brewster.
• Approved application for 3.2 beer license for a special event.
• Acknowledged Community Services staff for 100% compliance with an annual care plan audit with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
• Approved a nuisance investigation contract renewal with the Southwest Housing Partnership.
• Appointed 1 citizen to the Extension Committee.
• Approved contract for legal services for CHIPS, Permanency and TPR cases.
• Approved advising City of Worthington to not include the transfer of the City Pool Site to Nobles County for Library on the upcoming election ballot.
• Approved May 30, 2014 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $5,555,698.67.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.