Letter: Work at Pioneer Village appreciatedThanks to the Early Riser Kiwanis Club of Worthington for volunteering its time to paint the farmhouse at Pioneer Village.
By: Nobles County Historical Society board, Worthington Daily Globe
Thanks to the Early Riser Kiwanis Club of Worthington for volunteering its time to paint the farmhouse at Pioneer Village.
The spring season began with Curt Pearson, a member of the Early Riser Kiwanis group, spearheading the job of powerwashing and scraping the farmhouse. He enlisted the Worthington High School AOK club to volunteer its time to help scrape and paint the picket fence around the house. A crew of Early Risers Kiwanis members showed up in the evenings and other times of the day to scrape, as well as paint a coat of primer and a final coat of white latex paint on the old farmhouse. A special thanks to Thrivent Financial Insurance for furnishing the paint.
The house was built by James B. Green in 1888, and was situated in the area where the Atrium is now located. In 1968, Forrest and Arlene Jennings donated the home to Pioneer Village. The Nobles County Historical Society and Roy Reimer, director of Pioneer Village, are most grateful to everyone that donated money, paint and — above all — their time and talent.