Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
November 8, 2011, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier, Robert Demuth Jr., David Benson and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
· Approved agenda, addendum and proceedings of the October 18th, 2011 County Board meeting.
· Authorized a certificate of County Board Classification of Forfeited Lands as non-conservation for Parcel No. 21-0029-000, 27-0163-500 and 31-0964-000.
· Scott Johnson, Southwestern Mental Health, presented financial information on the proposed building project.
· Authorized a thirty year, $500,000 loan at 1% interest for new office facility for Southwestern Mental Health.
· Authorized an evaluation be done of the Avera Specialty Clinic property for potential use by Southwestern Mental Health.
· Identified two (2) bridges as a high priority for replacement.
· Approved recommended improvements at the intersection of CSAH 10 and 35 as outlined in the School Zone Speed Study.
· Authorized an agreement with Minnesota Department of Transportation for federal aid funding.
· Authorized a two year snow removal agreement with Greg Gruis, Rushmore for snow removal on parking lots at the Government Center and War Memorial Building.
· Authorized the 2012/2013 Regional Narrative Plan contracting with Southwest Minnesota Private Industry Council to provide Employment and Training Services.
· Authorized the 2012-2013 Vulnerable Adult and Adults Act Service Plan.
· Authorized the FY 12-FY 13 Minnesota Care Application Processing Grant.
· Authorized the Child & Teen Check Ups Grant Award with the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
· Authorized the Local Public Health Act funding 2012 Assurances and Agreements with the Minnesota Department of Health.
· Authorized Immunization Provider & Medicare Programs, Public Health Nursing Clinics and Home Health Agency agreement with BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota changing tax ID number.
· Directed Ms. Names, Human Services Director, to follow up with the Minnesota Department of Health on appeal process for denial of the Food, Beverage, Lodging Delegation Agreement.
· Craig Clark, City Administrator and Brad Chapulis, Director of Community/Economic Development presented the Board with information on proposed tax abatement.
· Tabled action on tax abatement to the November 22, 2011 Board meeting for further review and appointed Commissioner Benson and Demuth to meet with representatives from the City and School District to discuss.
· Authorized agreement with the State of Minnesota Office of Enterprise Technology for data and video network connectivity.
· Authorized an agreement with Worthington Public Utilities for sharing of fiber optic capacity and the payment to Worthington Public Utilities of $124,928.72.
· Authorized payment of $7,239.00 to the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program for 4th quarter payment of their 2011 appropriation.
· Designated Melvin Ruppert, County Administrator; David Benson, Commissioner; Diane Thier, Commissioner; Marvin Zylstra, Commissioner; Robert Demuth, Jr., Commissioner and Vern Leistico, Commissioner as voting delegates for the AMC Annual Conference.
· Appointed Marvin Zylstra as voting delegate and Diane Thier as alternate voting delegate for the Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust annual meeting.
· Approved October 21st, 2011, travel expenses.
· Closed the meeting at 11:00 a.m. per Minnesota Statute 13D.03 to discuss union negotiation strategy.
· Opened the meeting at 11:48 a.m.
· Appointed Commissioner Thier, Commissioner Zylstra to serve with County Administrator, Melvin Ruppert and Deputy County Administrator, Sue Luing on the Union Negotiation Committee.
· Amended the Okabena-Ocheda Watershed lease agreement extending the lease an additional five years from February 1, 2012 to February 1, 2017.
· Authorized a trail agreement with the Frosty Riders Snowmobile Club.
· Authorized a Snowmobile Maintenance Grant Agreement in the amount of $40,015.80 with the State of Minnesota Natural Resources for 2012.
· Approved claims for payment totaling $2,885,061.36.
· No further business, meeting adjourned at 12:01 p.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.