Nobles County Board of Commissioners - Summary Minutes - Dec 8, 2011
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
December 8, 2011, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier, Robert Demuth Jr., David Benson and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the November 21st and 22nd, 2011 County Board meetings.
• Approved assignment agreement assigning WIC Program to Nobles County Community Services.
• Approved Day Care Health Consultant agreement with Kids R It Childcare Center.
• Approved Day Care Health Consultant agreement with We Care Day Care Center.
• Approved mass dispensing site agreement with First Baptist Church.
• Approved mass dispensing site agreement with District 518/Prairie Elementary.
• Approved a service agreement with Southwester Mental Health.
• Approved a medical consultant contract with Dr. Kulkarni.
• Approved eleven interpreter contracts.
• Approved a contract with Southwest Minnesota Opportunity Council for Community Connector’s Outreach.
• Approved a contract with Greater Minnesota Family Services for family based services.
• Approved five guardianship contracts.
• Approved Community Support, County Services and Home Based Services contracts with Southwestern Mental Health.
• Approved contract with Adrian Country Living for customized living.
• Approved contract with Western Community Actions for transportation services.
• Approved contract with Nobles County Attorney for fraud investigation and prosecution services.
• Denied driveway request from Mike Kunerth.
• Table action on Daniel Bohn’s additional driveway request to December 20th Board meeting.
• Approved reimbursing cities of Lismore and Wilmont $2,100/per mile for snow removal.
• Appointed County Administrator as authorized representative and approved the 2012 Minnesota Board of Water & Soil Resources Natural Resources Block grant.
• Approved three year Capital Improvement Plan.
• Denied participation in the three year tax abatement for single family home with an assessed market value of $200,000 with the City of Worthington and Independent School District 518.
• Authorized recruitment of county assessor due to retirement.
• Approved December 2nd, 2011, travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $4,621,185.17.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:03 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
December 8, 2011, Truth in Taxation Hearing
The County Board of Nobles County met in regular session this 8th day of December, 2011, in the Board of Commissioners Room, at the Nobles County Government Center, Worthington, Minnesota. The following Commissioners were in attendance: Diane Thier, Vern Leistico, Marvin Zylstra, David Benson and Robert Demuth, Jr.
Chairperson Thier made introductions and explained the purpose of the hearing and the procedures that would be followed. County Administrator, Melvin J. Ruppert, provided an overview of the 2012 budget process and major factors contributing to changes in the budget and tax levy. The following Department Heads were in attendance: Byron Swart, Assessor; Stacie Golombiecki, Deputy Community Services Director; Stephen Schnieder, Public Works Director; Julie Wellnitz, Library Director; and, Lynn Wilson, County Recorder. Comments and/or questions about proposed property tax increases and county spending were received from four (4) of the persons in attendance. The Board will meet Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. to consider adoption of the levy and budget for 2012. Hearing adjourned.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us