Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - Dec 20, 2011
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
December 20, 2011 Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier, Robert Demuth Jr., David Benson and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
· Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the December 08, 2011 County Board meeting and Truth In Taxation Hearing.
· Received a 2011 Head Start Community Assessment report from Cynthia Celander.
· Approved DNR’s acquisition of a 8.6 acre tract in Section 26, Bigelow Township.
· Tabled action on Daniel Bohn’s additional driveway request to January 3rd, 2012 Board meeting.
· Approved the following Public Works contracts: contract 1101, final payment of $144,561.74; contract 11002, final payment of $52,421.21; and contract 10001, final payment of $132,680.29.
· Entered into an agreement with the City of Brewster for snow removal services on CSAH 1 & 14 and Co. 75.
· Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay final 2011 bills.
· Approved transfer of $75,000 from General Fund to cover individual ditch system deficit cash balances, to be reimbursed in January 2012.
· Certified tax forfeited non-conservation properties; reviewed property identified non-forested marginal land and wetland; request DNR authorization to sell said land; and instructed the County Assessor to appraise said land.
· Entered into an agreement with LarsonAllen for 2011 audit services.
· Adopted a County Fund Balance policy.
· Entered into an agreement with Hope Haven/The Achievement Center for human services.
· Entered into a WIC grant project agreement to administer WIC services in 2012.
· Agreed to an Assignment Agreement with MDH for perinatal hepatitis B and Immunization practices clinics, and health emergency preparedness.
· Closed the meeting under M.S. §13D.05 Subd. 2(b). Upon opening the meeting, adopted the 2012 levy of $10,442,189 (6.46% increase over the 2011 levy) including $200,000 of funding for the ARMER system and $50,000 for caseload increases in Community Services, to be certified to the County Auditor-Treasurer.
· Adopted the 2012 budget of $27,139,865; and set the 2012 salary and budget for the following elective offices: County Attorney, County Auditor-Treasurer, County Recorder and County Sheriff.
· Closed the meeting under M.S. §13D.03.
· Upon opening the meeting, ratified a 3 year labor agreement with A.F.S.C.M.E. Council 65 representing Highway employees.
· Agreed to increase the 2012 monthly cafeteria contribution to $550 per FTE with county contributions to the VEBA and HSA to remain the same as in 2011.
· Made the following appointments: Donna Erbes & Joanne Bartosh, 1 year terms and Shawnda Smith & Jennifer Weg, 2 year terms on the Community Services Advisory Committee; Dolores Ella, Bette LeBrun & Amy Woitalewics, 3 year terms on the D.A.C. Board; John Garmer, 3 year term on EMPAC; Renee Bullerman & Kile Behrends, 3 year terms on Extension Committee; Dennis Kunkel & Milo Hawkinson, 3 year terms on Park Board; John Faber, 3 year term on Personnel Board of Appeals; James Gruye, 3 year term on Planning Advisory Commission; Mike Harmon & Don Basche, 3 year terms on Rock-Nobles Community Corrections Board; Roxann Polizine, 3 year term on Travel Southwest, MN; and Brent Feikema, 3 year term on Zoning Board of Appeals.
· Authorized a county credit card be issued to Julie Wellnitz, Library Director.
· Entered into a 4-year contract with Avera Worthington Specialty Clinics for coroner services, including the appointment of Dr. Greg Clark as Coroner.
· Approved December 16, 2011 travel expenses.
· Approved a master agreement with Rock County regarding dissolution of Nobles-Rock Community Health Joint Powers
· Received reports from: District I-Commissioner Zylstra on the BioScience and University of Minnesota Extension Open House, Union Negotiations, Nobles-Rock Public Health, Nobles-Rock Public Health Dissolution, Human Services Advisory and Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council; District II-Commissioner Thier reported on the Southwest Mental Health, Southwest Adult Mental Health Consortium and Library Board; District III-Commissioner Benson on the Southwest Mental Health, Southwest Adult Mental Health Consortium, Nobles-Rock Public Health, Nobles-Rock Public Health Dissolution, BioScience and University of Minnesota Extension Open House and County Based Purchasing meetings; District IV-Commissioner Demuth on the Association of Minnesota Counties Annual Conference; and District District V-Commissioner Leistico on the Park Board and Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P.) meetings.
· Authorized the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson to retain outside legal counsel, to represent the Board and Nobles County, on charges under Minnesota Statute §13D.05 Subd. 2(b).
· Approved claims for payment totaling $516,555.70.
· No further business, meeting adjourned.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us