Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
January 3, 2012, Annual Meeting
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met for its annual meeting at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. All members of the Board were present. Also present were the County Administrator/Clerk, other department heads and staff, citizens, and members of the press.
• David Benson was elected Board Chair and Robert Demuth Jr. was elected Vice-Chair for 2012.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the December 20, 2011 County Board meeting.
• Mark Bartosh, Dundee, and Michael McCarvel, Brewster, met with the Board regarding the Heron Lake Watershed Appointment. Michael McCarvel was reappointed to a 3 year term.
• The Board approved the driveway request of Daniel Bohn.
• Approved agreements with: Specialized Vocational Services for Home and Community-Based Waiver Services; an IV-D Cooperative Agreement with the Minnesota Department of Human Services and the Nobles County offices of Human Services, County Sheriff and County Attorney to administer the Child Support Enforcement program; Interpreter contracts with Abera Angolie, Violeta Cota and Nyabuay Gach; agreements for Adult Social Services, Children’s Services and Income Maintenance/Child Support; an Administrative agreement for Account Technician with Pipestone County; and an assignment agreement to provide early hearing detection and intervention.
• Established that 2012 meetings of the County Board will be the first Tuesday after the first Monday of each month and the second to last Tuesday of each month @ 9:00 a.m. in the Nobles County Government Center.
• Moved the December 4th, 2012 Board meeting to December 6th, 2012.
• Adopted County Board Operating Rules and Guidelines Policy for 2012.
• Designated the Daily Globe the official legal newspaper.
• Established maximum positions allocated to each county department for 2012.
• Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay certain expenses prior County Board approval.
• Adopted the 2012 County Fee Schedule.
• Reviewed the Catastrophic Leave Bank annual report for 2011.
• Set the County Board of Equalization for Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 @ 6:00 p.m.
• Set the Board of Commissioners Committee appointments for 2012.
• Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
• Approved December 30th, 2011, travel expenses.
• Authorized a Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with the State of Minnesota.
• Amended P-225 Pension/Retirement Policy.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $514,164.64.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:55 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.