Nobles County Board - Summary of Minutes - Feb. 7, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
February 7, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier, Robert Demuth Jr., David Benson and Vern Leistico were in attendance. Commissioner Leistico was present pursuant to Minnesota Statute '13D.02 via interactive television.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the January 24, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #01-2012 to Dustin DeBoer, Adrian, MN for construction and operation of a truck wash.
• Approved 2012 solid waste and recycling hauling permits and burn sites.
• Accepted the annual report of Cash, Investments and Securities and approved financial institutions as depositories of public funds for 2012.
• Approved township road account distribution formulas and payment of $390,764.00 to Townships.
• Entered into an Agreement with MDH for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Follow-Up and Birth Defects.
• Entered into interpreter contracts with Cinthia Pineda and Soom Chandawang.
• Approved Grant Contract Amendment for the ARMER infrastructure.
• Authorized Chairperson to attend the National Association of Counties (NACo) Legislative Conference.
• Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
• Authorized payment of $3,347.50 to Art Center as their 1st Half 2012 appropriation, $7,589.25 to the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Southwest Minnesota (RSVP) as their 1st Quarter 2012 appropriation and $8,000 to the Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation (WREDC) as their 1st Quarter 2012 appropriation.
• Approved January 27, 2012, travel expenses
• Closed sessions to discuss property appraisals and union negotiation strategies.
• Ratified a 3 year labor agreement with Teamsters Local 320 representing Supervisory Essential employees.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $1,599,640,48.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:31 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.