Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
April 17, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Diane Thier, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the April 3, 2012 County Board meeting and April 10, 2012 Special Board meeting.
• Adopted resolutions to establish redistricting plan and terms for districts.
• Appointed Kathleen Kusz, Nobles County Attorney, as Nobles County’s Data Practices Compliance Official.
• Adopted resolution to designate the Board Chairperson as Authorized Representative for Ag BMP Loan Program.
• Entered into Agreement with Leota Township for snow removal services.
• Authorized park improvements.
• Approved filling Temporary, Seasonal Summer Worker for Parks.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #02-2012 with conditions to Mitchell Lynn, Lismore, MN for construction and operation of a live stock barn.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #06-2012 with conditions to Brian Lindemann, Rushmore, MN for expansion of an existing gravel pit and continued operation of a hot mix plant.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #03-2012 with conditions to Reker Construction, Adrian, MN applicant, for Rodney Scheidt, landowner, for mining and excavating of gravel.
• Approved continuation of Conditional Use Permit #18-2009 with conditions to Reker Construction, Adrian, MN applicant for Ray Braun, landowner, for operation of a gravel pit.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #05-2012 to Ann Mills, Rushmore, MN for construction of a new non-farm residence.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #09-2012 with conditions to Community Wind South Farm, LLC, applicant, for Michael Metz, landowner, for construction of a switching station.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #08-2012 with conditions to Community Wind South Farm, LLC, applicant, for Greg Ponto, landowner, for operation of a lay down yard during construction of 15 wind turbines.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #10-2012 with conditions to Sy Lonneman & Sons for construction of a total confinement barn with concrete pit below.
• Authorized the Sheriff to spend up to $3,000 out of reserve funds to purchase a boat lift to be placed on Lake Okabena.
• Authorized extending the temporary, full time jailer position.
• Authorized filling the vacant 4/5 Secretary I position in the Library.
• Adopted resolution in support for development, construction and operation of C-BED projects.
• Authorized payment of $1,250.00 to Southwest Minnesota Arts & Humanities as their 2012 appropriation and payment of $7,589.25 to the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) as their 2nd Quarter 2012 appropriation.
• Appointed Randall Janssen, Worthington, and Terri Janssen, Worthington, to Community Services Advisory Committee.
• Approved April 6, 2012 travel expenses.
• Appointed Stephen Schnieder, Public Works Director, as Deputy Emergency Management Director.
• Authorized filling Emergency Management Director position as a Full Time, Department Head and to include Public Health Preparedness and Safety Officer responsibilities.
• Authorized temporary reclassification of Secretary II to Administrative Assistant II in Administration.
• Approved temporary compensation for additional duties/responsibilities for Deputy County Administrator.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $282,321.57.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:32 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web http://www.co.nobles.mn.us.