Nobles County Board - Summary of Minutes - May 8, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
May 8, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, and Vern Leistico were in attendance. Absent: Diane Thier.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the April 17, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Authorized advertising for bids until 2:00 p.m., June 12, 2012 for the Nobles County Government Center Energy Improvement Projects.
• Tabled action on a three year Memorandum of Agreement with the University of Minnesota for Extension Services.
• Authorized advertisement for bids until 1:30 p.m., June 4, 2012 for pavement marking services.
• Adopted resolution authorizing a parade permit for the City of Ellsworth.
• Tabled action on a Traffic Control Signal Agreement with State of MN Dept of Transportation until County’s share of costs were established.
• Reappointed Stephen Schnieder to a four (4) year term as Nobles County Engineer.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #13-2012 to Jeremy Van Ede, Adrian, MN for operation of a home extended business.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #14-2012 to Ken Wolf, Adrian, MN for construction of a 84’ x 68’ addition to an existing livestock barn with concrete pit below.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #18-2012 to David Vander Kooi, Worthington, MN, for addition of a 216’ x 210’ free stall dairy barn, 60’ x 90’ milking parlor and 200’ x 1000’ open lagoon.
• Approved Conditional Use Permit #20-2012 to Andy Henning, Adrian, MN for construction of a 160’ x 165’ open manure basin.
• Approved designation of new service road along Highway 60 as 271st Street.
• Approved a Jt. Powers Agreement with MN Department of Corrections for Work Release services.
• Authorized a county credit card be issued to Joseph Udermann, County Assessor.
• Approved to Take from the Table the Traffic Control Signal Agreement with the State of MN Dept of Transportation.
• Adopted resolution to provide for payment by the County to the State for the county’s share of the costs of the Traffic Control Signal construction along and adjacent to TH60 at Armour Road.
• Approved Community Services All-Hazard Response Plan.
• Approved a medical consultant contract with Dr. Kunde, Sanford Clinic.
• Entered into a grant project agreement to eliminate health disparities in refugee and foreign born populations.
• Approved application for Need Determination of Services for the Nobles County DAC to support an increase in the licensed capacity of clients.
• Authorized a guardianship services contract amendment.
• Approved contract with Southwest Minnesota Private Industry Council for supported employment services.
• Bill Brockberg, Veterans Service Officer, gave a brief summary of Nobles County Government Day and introduced the students in attendance.
• Jeff Spartz, Association of MN Counties, presented the Board with Legislative and Agency activities.
• Authorized payment of $8,000.00 to Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation (WREDC) as their 2nd Quarter 2012 appropriation and payment of $3,825.00 to the Southwest Initiative Foundation as their 2012 appropriation.
• Approved amended building loan agreement with SWMHC.
• Adopted resolution for Nobles County to act as the legal sponsor for an application for funding for the Frosty Riders.
• Appointed Byron Swart, Worthington, to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
• Closed session to discuss union negotiation strategies.
• Ratified a labor agreement with Law Enforcement Labor Services, Inc. Local #163 representing Licensed Essential employees.
• Ratified a labor agreement with MN Teamsters Local No. 320 representing Family Service employees.
• Approved April 20, 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $945,052.61.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:28 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web http://www.co.nobles.mn.us