Nobles County Board, Summary of Minutes - June 19, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
June 19, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the June 5, 2012 County Board meeting, June 12, 2012 Special Board meeting and the June 12, 2012 Board of Appeal and Equalization.
• Approved Conditional use Permit to Tom Lonneman, Adrian, MN for construction of two total confinement barns.
• Appointed citizens to the Library Board.
• Authorized $15,000 to be paid out of Building Fund reserves for Library Planning Project.
• Approved an unpaid medical leave of absence for up to six months in the Sheriff’s Department.
• Authorized $41,212 to be paid out of reserve funds for enrollment and fixed contribution fees to support the formation of the Southern Prairie Health Purchasing Alliance Joint Powers.
• Approved the Southern Prairie Health Purchasing Alliance Joint Powers Agreement to establish a Joint Powers entity.
• Approved agreement with CliftonLarsonAllen LLP for audit services for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
• Appointed Diane Thier and Vern Leistico to the County Canvassing Board.
• Awarded the contract for Government Center Energy Improvement Projects to Prairie Sons, Inc., Brandon, SD in the amount of $654,775.00.
• Authorized advertisement for bids for electrical upgrades at the Prairie Justice Center and masonry restoration/window replacement for the Government Center.
• Approved Workforce Investment Act Joint Powers Agreement.
• Held public hearing and approved petition for proposed outlet into Judicial Ditch No. 12 in Nobles County.
• Approved June 15, 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved moving the July 24, 2012 Board meeting to July 17, 2012.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $2,832,357.70
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:38 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us