Several work sites in progress in cityWORTHINGTON — The following are current street construction projects, according to the City of Worthington Engineering Department:
WORTHINGTON — The following are current street construction projects, according to the City of Worthington Engineering Department:
* Elmwood Avenue water main reconstruction (Oxford Street to West Clary Street): Pavement restoration began on Aug. 6; anticipated completion date is Aug. 24.
* 2012 biuminous overlays location: Sherwood Street overlay work tentatively scheduled to beginning Tuesday night.
* Reconstruction of alleys in Block 28 (between Sixth Avenue and Seventh Avenue and Ninth Street and 10th Street): Concrete alley approach work completed, and bituminous pavement work began Wednesday. Bituminous paving tentatively scheduled to begin Tuesday.
* Airport chemical loading pad and storage building: Building structure interior work continues. Chemical pad concrete paving began Thursday and will be completed today.
* Reconstruction of Franklin Street (East Avenue to Murray Avenue) and Sherwood Street (Murray Avenue to Nobles Street): Bituminous paving tentatively scheduled to begin Tuesday.
* Oxford Street water main reconstruction (Smith Avenue at Oxford Street, and on Oxford Street toward Humiston Avenue): Pipe work began Friday and continues.
* Ninth Avenue storm sewer reconstruction (Clement Street west toward Winifred Street): Work began Tuesday; completion expected by late August.