Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - July 17, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
July 17, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
· Approved agenda and proceedings of the July 3, 2012 County Board meeting.
· Introduced Joyce Jacobs, Emergency Management Director.
· Approved a monthly radio report on Emergency Management.
· Robin Weis & Joanne Bartosh gave an annual update to the Board on the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program.
· Appointed Susan Hansberger to the Library Board.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #27-2012 to Clayton Schilling, Ellsworth, MN for construction of a swine finishing barn.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #28-2012 to Seth Darling, Worthington, MN to convert an existing building to an animal confinement building and future addition to another building for sheep confinement.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #29-2012 to Steve Elias, Adrian, MN for construction of a swine confinement barn.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #30-2012 to Brake Farms, Wilmont, MN for construction of a cattle finishing barn.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #32-2012 to Brad & Ryan Lonneman, Adrian, MN for construction of a swine confinement barn.
· Approved an access and license agreement with Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
· Approved a joint powers agreement with the Southwest Minnesota Regional Public Safety Board for regional emergency communication recording and logging services.
· Approved starting the process of replacing the Nobles County K-9.
· Approved residential housing agreements with Unity House, Jerry & Leila Janssen, Adrian Country Living, Client Community Services, Habilitative Services, New Dawn, Golden Horizons, The Meadows and Prairie House.
· Approved a Public Health Emergency Preparedness Grant.
· Approved a contract renewal with Avera McKennan Sioux Falls for mental health services.
· Approved a contract renewal with Avera McKennan Marshall for mental health services.
· Appointed David Benson as delegate and Marvin Zylstra as alternate to the Southern Prairie Health Purchasing Alliance committee.
· Neal Steffl, Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council, presented the Board with the 2011 program services and annual report.
· Steve Johnson, Vetter Johnson Architects, presented the Board with an update on building improvement projects.
· Approved change order #1 with Prairie Sons, Brandon, SD for energy efficiency improvement project.
· Approved an agreement for advancement and repayment of funds for the Southwestern Mental Health Center building project.
· Approved the proposal from Hiller's Flooring America, Rochester, MN for carpet replacement on 2nd floor, Government Center.
· Authorized payment of $7,239.00 to the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) as the 3rd quarter payment of their 2012 appropriation.
· Approved July 13, 2012 travel expenses.
· Approved claims for payment totaling $419,737.13.
· No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.