Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - August 7, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
August 7, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
· Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the July 17, 2012 County Board meeting.
· Garrett Backes, Southwest Initiative Foundation, presented the Board with an update on activities of the Foundation.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #04-2012 to Reker Construction, Adrian, MN for mining and excavating of gravel.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #33-2012 to Reker Construction, Adrian, MN for gravel excavation and stockpiling.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #34-2012 to Duininck Inc., Prinsburg, MN for continued operation of a gravel pit and hot mix plant.
· Adopted resolution to develop and implement a twelve county solid waste management plan.
· Approved an agreement with Minnesota West Community & Technical College, City of Worthington and the Okabena-Ocheda Watershed District allowing a regional stormwater treatment pond on Minnesota West College property.
· Declared equipment surplus in Public Works department and authorized disposing of by trade, auction or sealed bids.
· Awarded contract for CSAH 10 & 35 construction to R & G Construction, Marshall, MN.
· Approved early replacement of nine desktop computers in the county attorney's office.
· Approved an agreement for the Prairie Justice Center HVAC Retro-Commissioning with Engineering Design Initiative, Ltd. In the amount of $65,000.00.
· Adopted resolution appointing Les Anderson, Glen Friedrich, Marlow Nickel, Dave Hulstein and Gary Schimbeno to the Red Rock Rural Water System Board.
· Authorized payment of appropriations of $8,000.00 to Worthington Regional Economic Development Corporation, $2,500.00 to Manna Food Pantry, $1,000.00 to Civil Air Patrol, $1,000.00 to Travel Southwest, $6,247.25 to Nobles County Historical Society and $10,432.00 to Nobles County Fair.
· Approved credit card request for Joyce Jacobs, Emergency Management Director.
· Approved July 27, 2012 travel expenses.
· Awarded contract for Prairie Justice Center electrical upgrade to Thompson Electric, Sioux Falls, SD.
· Awarded contract for Nobles County Government Center masonry restoration to Jones Caulking & Tuckpointing, Sioux Falls, SD.
· Awarded contract for partial window replacement at the Nobles County Government Center to Clair Van Grouw Construction, Worthington, MN.
· Approved claims for payment totaling $689,127.58.
· No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:17 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.