Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - Sept. 4, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
September 4, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the August 21, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Kia Harries, University of Minnesota Extension Service, presented the Board with information on the hiring process for the 4-H Program Coordinator and introduced Stacy Bickett, Interim 4-H Program Coordinator.
• Authorized $2,000 appropriation to the Southwest Small Business Development Center.
• Approved letters to legislators urging support to protect federal public health dollars due to a cut in federal spending.
• Adopted resolution for a restricted parking area in City of Rushmore.
• Approved sale of tax forfeited land to the City of Lismore.
• Adopted resolution setting the not to exceed proposed tax levy for 2013.
• Set the date for the public meeting on the 2013 budget and levy.
• Approved monthly county cafeteria contribution amount.
• Approved changing the time of the December 6th regular Board meeting.
• Approved moving forward with process to hire a county administrator.
• Approved a selection committee for recruitment of a county administrator and appointed two commissioners to serve on committee.
• Authorized Commissioner Leistico and Vijay Sethi to review and proceed with proposals to replace entry doors at the Government Center.
• Approved August 24, 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $356,835.14.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 12:05 p.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.