Nobles County Board - Summary of Minutes - October 2, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
October 2, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the September 18th, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Rusty Fifield, Northland Securities, presented the Board with Library finance options.
• Authorized Northland Securities to proceed preparing a draft capital improvement plan for the Nobles County Library.
• Approved a parade permit for the City of Round Lake.
• Approved participating with the Minnesota River Board to participate in requests for proposals to secure ditch viewers.
• Approved filling a social worker vacancy.
• Approved Nobles County Health and Human Services Advisory Committee by-laws.
• Approved increasing the price of flu shots.
• Approved grant documents with Minnesota Department of Health for childhood immunizations.
• Approved grant amendment with the Minnesota Department of Health for early hearing detection and intervention and birth defects.
• Approved contract with Living Life Adult Day Center.
• Approved pursuing grant funding from the Minnesota Department of Health Family Home Visiting Program.
• Approved agreement with Paape Companies for maintenance services.
• Adopted revised P-239 Motor Vehicle/Expense Reimbursement policy.
• Approved changing status of Stacie Golombiecki from Community Services Interim Director to Community Services Director.
• Authorized payment of $12,494.50 to Nobles County Historical Society as their 2nd half 2012 appropriation.
• Authorized payment of $3,347.50 to Nobles County Art Center as their 2nd half 2012 appropriation.
• Authorized payment of $10,432.00 to Nobles County Fair Association as their 2nd half 2012 appropriation.
• Approved custodial agreements with Lambert’s Carpet Cleaning.
• Authorized payment of $21,523.55 for professional services to Vetter-Johnson Architects.
• Authorized agreement with Springsted Inc. for county administrator recruitment services.
• Authorized distribution of Nobles-Rock Health Trust funds.
• Approved change order #3 with Prairie Sons, Inc., Brandon, SD.
• Authorized payment of $1,719.50 to Thompson Electric for Prairie Justice Center electrical project.
• Authorized payment of $27,075.00 to Jones Caulking & Tuck Pointing for Government Center masonry work.
• Approved September 21, 2012 travel expenses.
• Authorized Administration to proceed hiring an Information Technology Director.
• Approved United Way cards be available to Nobles County employees.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $451,817.87.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:33 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.