Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - October 23, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
October 23, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the October 2nd, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Letter of appreciation was read from Pipestone County Commissioners.
• Rusty Fifield, Northland Securities, presented the Board with a draft amendment to Capital Improvement Plan and steps in process of issuing Capital Improvement Bonds for construction of a library.
• Adopted resolution adopting amendment to the Capital Improvement Plan, approving issuance of Capital Improvement Plan Bonds and set date for Public Hearing.
• Approved quote from Jones Caulking & Tuck Pointing for tuck pointing of additional silos at the Government Center.
• Approved the purchase of a replacement copier for the Extension Office.
• Approved conditional use permit #37-2012 to Scott Henning, Adrian, MN on behalf of Merrill Peters, Adrian, MN for mining and excavating of gravel.
• Approved conditional use permit #38-2012 to Scott Henning, Adrian, MN on behalf of Walter Kellen, Adrian, MN for mining and excavating of gravel.
• Adopted resolution approving an agreement with the Minnesota Department of Transportation for the turn back of Trunk Highway 60 to Nobles County as a County State Aid Highway.
• Adopted resolution approving an agreement with the Worthington Taxi Service allowing the installation of a radio antenna on the radio tower at the Public Works building.
• Approved a fee of $50.00 for a municipal driveway permit involving curb and gutter.
• Adopted resolution approving an agreement with Jackson County for the designation and future maintenance and construction of Zeh Avenue as a County State Aid Highway.
• Adopted resolution approving a grant agreement with the Commissioner of Transportation for construction of Bridge No. 53J78.
• Approved recommending to the Minnesota Department of Revenue the reappointment of Joe Udermann, County Assessor.
• Approved a contract with Rinke Noonan for tax appeal services.
• Approved a contract with Lynn Johnson's Law Office for services for child protection cases.
• Authorized payment to Clair Van Grouw Construction for the Government Center window replacement project.
• Authorized payment to Prairie Sons, Inc. for the Government Center boiler replacement project.
• Authorized a trail agreement with the Frosty Riders Snowmobile Club.
• Authorized a Snowmobile Maintenance Grant Agreement in the amount of $40,015.80 with the State of Minnesota Natural Resources for 2013.
• Authorized an agreement with Madison National Life Insurance Company for long term disability insurance.
• Adopted corrected P-239 Motor Vehicle/Expense Reimbursement Policy.
• Approved October 5th and 19th 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $1,139,317.04.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.