Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - Nov 6, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
November 6, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
• Approved agenda, addendum and proceedings of the October 23rd, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Approved conditional use permit #40-2012 to Gary Reker, Adrian, MN for continued operation of a gravel pit and concrete plant.
• Adopted resolution appointing Ed Busch as the Competent Person to train employees on Mine Safety.
• Approved three year snow removal agreement with Mike’s Mini Excavating at the Prairie Justice Center.
• Approved the Emergency Management Performance Grant in the amount of $19,351.00.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding with Southwest Emergency Preparedness Team to store equipment.
• Approved a MFIP Regional Funding agreement.
• Approved two interpreter contracts.
• Approved grant funding from Department of Human Services for software license agreement for relative searches.
• Authorized up to $18,538.00 for purchase of four cubicle workstations if other options to replace are not effective.
• Authorized the Local Public Health Act funding 2013 Assurances and Agreements with the Minnesota Department of Health.
• Authorized payment to Jones Caulking & Tuck Pointing for the Government Center caulking & tuck pointing.
• Authorized payment to Prairie Sons, Inc. for the Government Center boiler replacement project.
• Authorized payment to Clair Van Grouw Construction for the Government Center window replacement project.
• Approved Amendment #1 to the Network Use Agreement with Worthington Public Utilities.
• Approved the Capital Improvement Plan amendment.
• Appointed Marvin Zylstra as voting delegate and Robert Demuth, Jr. as alternate voting delegate for the Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust annual meeting.
• Approved November 2nd, 2012 travel expenses.
• Authorized the Sheriff to proceed with notification to terminate the Communications Site Lease agreement with Millennium Telecom, LLC.
• Designated David Benson, Commissioner; Diane Thier, Commissioner; Marvin Zylstra, Commissioner; Robert Demuth, Jr., Commissioner; Vern Leistico, Commissioner; Sharon Balster, Auditor-Treasurer; Julie Wellnitz, Library Director and Joe Udermann, Assessor as voting delegates for the AMC Annual Conference.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $3,082,475.67.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:31 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.