Nobles County Board - Summary of Minutes - Dec. 18, 2012
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
December 18, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Vern Leistico and Diane Thier were in attendance.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the December 6th, 2012 County Board meeting and December 6th, 2012 budget and tax levy meeting.
• Approved membership to the Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce for Nobles County Board of Commissioners and Department Heads.
• Approved the Child and Teen Checkups 2013 Annual Budget Worksheet.
• Approved an interpreter contract with Negusu Dorry.
• Approved interpreter contract renewals.
• Approved guardianship contract renewals.
• Approved a master service agreement with Southwestern Mental Health Center.
• Approved a contract with Southwestern Mental Health Center for community support services.
• Approved a contract with Southwestern Mental Health Center for home based services.
• Approved a contract with Southwestern Mental Center for intensive home based services.
• Approved a contract with Greater Minnesota Family Services for family based services.
• Approved a contract with the Nobles County Attorney for fraud investigation and prosecution services.
• Approved a contract with the City of Worthington-Police Department for welfare fraud investigation services.
• Approved Day Care consultant agreements with Kids R It Child Care and We Care Day Care Center.
• Approved a contract with the Southwestern Minnesota Housing Partnership for investigation of nuisance complaints.
• Approved a contract with Southwest Minnesota Opportunity Council for Community Connector's Outreach.
• Approved a contract with Western Community Action for transportation services.
• Authorized after review by County Attorney a memorandum of understanding with Cottonwood Jackson Public Health Agency appointing Pat Stewart Interim Community Health Services Administrator.
• Approved draft Personnel Policy P-214 Work Hours and Attendance as recommended by Flexibility Work Study group.
• Approved Wellness and Recognition Program as recommended by the Employee Wellness & Recognition Program Committee.
• Authorized the purchase of a Hydraulic Pipe Jetter using Ditch System funding reserves.
• Approved an agreement with the Worthington School District #518 for radio antenna on the radio tower at the Public Works facility.
• Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay bills December 31, 2012 per Minnesota Statute M.S. 375.18 Subd. 1b.
• Approved transfer of $61,000 from General Fund to cover individual ditch system deficit cash balances, to be reimbursed in January 2013.
• Adopted resolutions setting the 2013 salary and budget for the following elected offices: Attorney, Auditor-Treasurer, Recorder and Sheriff.
• Adopted resolution setting compensation for Nobles County Commissioners at $17,510.00 per year and per diem payments at up to $100.00 per day.
• Adopted resolution certifying the spread levy with the County Auditor in the amount of $10,942,427 for collection in 2013.
• Approved the 2013 budget in the amount of $27,868,975.
• Adopted the 2013 Legislative Platform.
• Appointed 2013 voting representatives to the Travel Southwest Minnesota, Inc. Board.
• Approved payment to Vetter Johnson Architects for services for the Energy Efficiency Improvement Projects in the amount of $29,189.52.
• Approved payment to Vetter Johnson Architects for services for the Nobles County Library Study in the amount of $4,808.57.
• Approved extension of the Interim County Administrator's contract.
• Approved application for payment to Clair Van Grouw Construction in the amount of $2,295.00.
• Approved change order #4 from Prairie Sons, Inc. for the energy efficiency improvements project.
• Approved December 14th, 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved a Labor Agreement with AFSCME Council 65 representing Community Services – Health Employees.
• Approved amending Nobles County Compensation Plan to include a 1.25% COLA increase for all non-union employees.
• Approved maintaining county contribution toward an employee's VEBA or HSA for 2013 at $200.00 per month/single and $315.50 per month/family.
• Authorized memorandums of understandings with bargaining units addressing the Christmas Eve Day closing.
• Approved updated Emergency Management Planning Advisory Committee By-laws.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $1,781,754.45
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.