Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - Jan 8, 2013
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
January 8, 2013, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Donald Linssen and Gene Metz were in attendance.
• Judge Gordon Moore swore in newly elected members of the Board – Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Gene Metz, Donald Linssen and Marvin Zylstra.
• Robert Demuth Jr. was elected Board Chair and Marvin Zylstra was elected Vice-Chair for 2013.
• Approved agenda and proceedings of the December 18, 2012 County Board meeting.
• Approved 2013 solid waste and recycling hauling permits and burn sites.
• Approved a waiver service contract with Client Community Services for Adult Foster Care, Respite and Semi-Independent Living Services.
• Approved a waiver service contract with Habilitative Services, Inc. for Adult Foster Care, Respite and Semi-Independent Living Services.
• Approved a waiver service contract with New Dawn Inc. for Adult Foster Care, Respite and Semi-Independent Living Services.
• Approved a waiver service contract with Golden Horizons for customized living and customized living plus services.
• Approved a waiver service contract with Ecumen Meadows for customized living and customized living plus services.
• Approved a waiver service contract with Nobles Coop Electric for emergency phone alert services.
• Approved a contract with Hope Haven/The Achievement Center for supported and extended employment services for disabled individuals.
• Approved a contract with Specialized Vocational Services for supported and extended employment services for disabled individuals.
• Gretchen O’ Donnell, Chair of the Friends of the Library, and Kathy Craun, Library Board member presented the Board with information in regard to the current Library and building project.
• Approved proceeding with the Adrian Public Works building and Prairie Justice Center garage expansion.
• Approved proceeding with the Library building project and authorized staff to address size of facility, site location and cost of facility by April 15th and pull together affected parties who want to be involved.
• Established the 2013 meetings of the County Board to be the first Tuesday after the first Monday of each month and the second to last Tuesday of each month @ 9:00 a.m. in the Nobles County Government Center and moving the December 3rd Board meeting to December 5th.
• Approved the re-appointment of Gary Ewert for one more three year term on the Heron Lake Watershed Board.
• Adopted County Board Operating Rules and Guidelines Policy for 2013.
• Approved designating the Daily Globe the official legal newspaper.
• Approved designating the county web page as the official publication for transportation projects.
• Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay certain expenses without prior County Board approval.
• Adopted the amended 2013 Fee Schedule.
• Reviewed the Catastrophic Leave Bank annual report for 2012.
• Approved setting the date for the County Board of Equalization for Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 @ 6:00 p.m.
• Approved the Board of Commissioners Committee appointments for 2013.
• Approved tabling the Mental Health Local Advisory Council commissioner appointment.
• Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
• Approved application for payment to Thompson Electric in the amount of $70,387.08
• Approved December 28th, 2012 travel expenses.
• Approved a contract with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development Trade Act Unit.
• Approved resolution setting maximum positions allocated to each county department for 2013.
• Approved change of status of Veterans Service Officer from 3/5 time to 4/5 time.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $1,412,326.34.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:49 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us.