Skip to main content
Report: Agencies struggled with communication during Husky fire
Nazis took his citizenship when he was a child. On Tuesday, it will be restored.
Health care Q+A with Minnesota Senate candidates Smith, Housley
Moderators, Wardlow bring Ellison's abuse allegations to center stage during debate
Worthington man accused of criminal sexual conduct
McFeely: Odds are, you didn't see this Vikings loss coming
Gophers, bewildered by blowout loss to Maryland, lose Antoine Winfield for season
Weegman: Vikings a super bust vs. Bills
Boos bombard Vikings in home loss to Bills
Timberwolves, Towns agree on five-year, $190 million extension
Irvin moves across Duluth harbor for first time in 30 years
Worthington microbrewery being designed by local native
Lit’l Wizards to close doors after 13 years
Legal challenge in Minnesota over insurance coverage for gender reassignment will proceed
Minnesota's unemployment rate drops to 19-year low
Place a Business Announcement
Clam chowder prepared with river mussels?
Daughter's desire to remain employed conflicts with mom's needs
Columns: Plenty to thankful for regarding KTD
Letter: 'Texas Guy' enjoys KTD hospitality
Column: District 518 making sure 'All Students Count'
Stanley "Chub" Clair Schaeffer
Gregory W. Jensen
Gladys M. Siefkes
Dear daughters, from Mom
First-ever Bleed Maroon and Gold blood driving coming to Worthington Oct. 1
Apple or Scalpel: Thursday event will focus on lifestyle/disease connection
Disheveled Theologian: Won't you be my neighbor?
Should perennials be cut back in fall? It depends.
out and about
Mary Anne McNab
Paul and Beverly Hansberger
MNIT seeks funds to protect Minnesotans' data
Probate of Vernon G. Engelkes
City of Worthington planning commission notice of public hearing
Vote for the Globe Best of 2018 Nominations through Saturday, Sept. 22
July 18, 2018
Salmonella Sandiego outbreak in Minnesota linked to Hy-Vee's Spring Pasta Salad
ST. PAUL—The Minnesota Department of Health is warning consumers to not eat Spring Pasta Salad from Hy-Vee if it was purchased before July...
July 18, 2018 - 10:53am
March 2, 2018
Kratom linked to salmonella infections in 27 states
BISMARCK—The North Dakota Department of Health is reporting the state's first case of salmonella infection linked to the consumption of kratom, a botanical substance, which was purchased online. There is a multi-state outbreak of salmonella infections associated with kratom....
March 2, 2018 - 5:37pm
February 23, 2018
Salmonella outbreak reported in area
ST. PAUL — A salmonella outbreak has been linked to deli-style chicken salad sold at Fareway grocery stores in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Illinois between Jan. 4 and Feb. 9.
February 23, 2018 - 10:43am
February 15, 2018
Salmonella contamination possible in chicken salad at Fareway stores in Minn., SD
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public health alert due to concerns about a chicken salad product being sold at Fareway grocery stores. The company has 118 stores across the Midwest, including many...
February 15, 2018 - 9:37pm
December 1, 2017
Bemidji Burger Kings close after salmonella outbreak sickens at least 27
BEMIDJI, Minn.—Two Burger King restaurants in Bemidji temporarily closed Thursday after more than two dozen people contracted salmonella...
December 1, 2017 - 6:43pm
Multiple Burger King locations forced to close in Minn. town after salmonella outbreak
BEMIDJI, Minn. - Two Burger King restaurants in Bemidji, Minn. temporarily closed Thursday, Nov. 30 after more than two dozen people contracted...
December 1, 2017 - 4:38pm
September 16, 2015
Tomatoes source of Chipotle salmonella outbreak
ST. PAUL -- The Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Agriculture have identified tomatoes as the source of the Salmonella Newport outbreak that sickened dozens of people who ate at Chipotle restaurants in Minnesota in mid- to late August. Investigators are...
September 16, 2015 - 8:31pm
September 10, 2015
Health officials investigate new salmonella cases linked to Chipotle restaurants
ST. PAUL — Minnesota health and agriculture officials said Thursday a new strain of salmonella infection — this one linked to eating at Chipotle...
September 10, 2015 - 7:51pm
July 2, 2015
Frozen stuffed chicken entrees cause salmonella problems
ST. PAUL — Minnesota health and agriculture officials said Thursday that seven recent cases of salmonellosis in Minnesota have been linked to raw, frozen, breaded and pre-browned, stuffed chicken entrees. Investigators from the departments said the illnesses occurred in two separate...
July 2, 2015 - 10:19pm
September 13, 2010
Food safety involves everyone
BEMIDJI - The recent recall of 500 million eggs after an outbreak of 1,500 cases salmonella indicates the process works, says a Minnesota farm official. "The system worked," Kevin Paap, president of the Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation, said last week.
September 13, 2010 - 8:47am
August 23, 2010
Seven Bemidjians fall ill to egg-borne salmonella
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota health officials say they have connected seven more salmonella illnesses to a recall of eggs produced in Iowa. State health department spokesman Doug Schultz says the illnesses were reported May 20 as part of an outbreak at a Bemidji restaurant called Mi...
August 23, 2010 - 2:00pm
August 17, 2010
Salmonella cases linked to Iowa egg producer
DETROIT LAKES - Illnesses in at least seven people in Minnesota are connected with a multi-state recall of eggs from an Iowa producer due to contamination with Salmonella, state health officials said today. The Salmonella Enteriditis cases were identified in two restaurant outbreaks...
August 17, 2010 - 10:55am
February 21, 2009
Minnesota food detectives solve peanut butter mystery
ST. PAUL -- Nine dead, three in Minnesota, with 654 sick in 44 states. It almost sounds like terrorists spreading a deadly disease.
February 21, 2009 - 10:38pm
February 17, 2009
Sons fight for safer food
ST. PAUL -- Jeff Almer wants his mother's death to mean something. Shirley Almer of Perham died Dec. 21 from salmonella poisoning blamed on...
February 17, 2009 - 12:00am
February 3, 2009
Inspectors look for PB products
ST. PAUL -- Food inspectors are fanning out across Minnesota this week to make sure potentially tainted peanut butter products no longer are...
February 3, 2009 - 12:00am