Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - August 21, 2012
Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes August 21, 2012, Regular Session The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, D...
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
August 21, 2012, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners David Benson, Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Diane Thier and Vern Leistico were in attendance.
· Approved amended agenda and proceedings of the August 7, 2012 County Board meeting.
· Approved closing the meeting pursuant to Minn. Stat. sec. 13D.05 subd. 3(b) under the authority of attorney-client privilege to discuss threatened litigation by Emily Cenzano.
· Approved settlement of Emily Cenzano's claims against Nobles County for a total of $16,000.00.
· Patt Pardell, SW Small Business Development Center, presented the Board with information on the Center and a funding request of $3,000.00.
· Approved an agreement with MEND Correctional Care, LLC for jail medical services.
· Approved a Federal Boating Safety Supplemental Equipment grant.
· Authorized filling a vacant part-time jailer position.
· Approved Conditional Use Permit #36-2012 to Mitchell Cox, Adrian, MN for construction of a cattle barn.
· Authorized advertisement for bids for bridge replacements on CSAH 18 & Township Road 80.
· Approved filling a Property Appraiser/Assessment Technician in the Assessor's department.
· Approved filling a children's mental health social worker vacancy.
· Approved filling a child protection social worker vacancy.
· Authorized a lease with the Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) for the Workforce Center.
· Approved change order #2 with Prairie Sons, Brandon, SD for energy efficiency improvement project.
· Authorized proceeding with design and engineering services for second phase of the Capital Improvement Plan for 2013.
· Approved August 10, 2012 travel expenses.
· No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:51 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us .