Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - December 17, 2013
Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes December 17, 2013, Regular Session The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Donald Linsse...
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
December 17, 2013, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Robert Demuth Jr., Marvin Zylstra, Donald Linssen, Gene Metz and Matt Widboom were in attendance.
• Approved agenda as amended and proceedings of the December 3rd, 2013 County Board meeting and December 3rd, 2013 budget and tax levy meeting.
• Accepted the resignation of the County Assessor, Joseph Udermann, effective December 16th, 2013.
• Adopted resolution to amend the approved 2013 budget expenditures for Public Works.
• Accepted completed projects and authorized final payments for the CSAH 10 & 35 Trail Project, CSAH 14 Bridge Contract and Hersey Township Bridge.
• Approved an amendment to the state contract for inmate housing.
• Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay bills December 31, 2013 per Minnesota Statute M.S. 375.18 Subd. 1b.
• Approved transfer of $56,000 from General Fund to cover individual ditch system deficit cash balances, to be reimbursed in January 2014.
• Approved renewal contracts with John Sandy, Robert Gjorvad and Philip Elbert to represent parents in child protection cases.
• Approved a Letter of Understanding, Sublicensing Agreement, Business Associate Agreement & Bridge Dates Exchange and Support Agreements for the MN Health Information Data Exchange Program.
• Acknowledged the Community Services Adult Services Unit for meeting program requirements during the July 2013 Waiver Review of Nobles County after receiving a letter of commendation from the Human Services Commissioner.
• Approved Day Care consultant agreements with Kids R It Child Care and We Care Day Care Center.
• Approved a State of Minnesota Joint Powers Agreement related to MNSure.
• Approved a contract with the Nobles County Attorney for fraud investigation and prosecution services.
• Approved a contract with the Nobles County Attorney and Nobles County Sheriff in order to administer the Child Support Enforcement System.
• Approved a contract with Greater Minnesota Family Services for family based services.
• Approved a contract with Avera McKennan Hospital for mental health services.
• Approved a 2013 renewal county participation agreement with UCare.
• Approved a master service agreement with Southwestern Mental Health Center.
• Approved a contract with Southwestern Mental Health Center for intensive family based services.
• Approved contract renewals with Flor Ayala and Jeanette Valdez for interpreter services.
• Adopted resolutions setting the 2014 salary and budget for the following elected offices: Attorney, Auditor-Treasurer, Recorder and Sheriff.
• Adopted resolution setting compensation for Nobles County Commissioners at $17,860.20 per year and per diem payments at up to $100.00 per day.
• Adopted resolution certifying the spread levy with the County Auditor in the amount of $11,413,867 for collection in 2014.
• Approved the 2014 budget in the amount of $29,776,826.
• Approved amending Nobles County Compensation Plan to include a 2.00% COLA increase for all non-union employees.
• Approved memorandums of agreement with the Courthouse/Library, Family Service and Public Health (PHN and RN) Nurse bargaining units to extend the pilot programs for flex/alternative work schedules until December 31, 2014.
• Approved a trail agreement with the Frosty Riders Snowmobile Club.
• Approved a Snowmobile Maintenance and Grooming Grant Agreement in the amount of $38,570.40 with the State of MN DNR.
• Appointed Commissioner Matt Widboom to the Mental Health Local Advisory Council and authorized payment of per diem and expense reimbursement for attendance at assigned committee meetings.
• Approved December 13th, 2013 travel expenses.
• Authorized memorandums of understandings with bargaining units addressing the Christmas Eve Day closing.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $534,063.77
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 11:25 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us .