Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes - January 7, 2014
Nobles County Board Summary of Minutes January 7, 2014, Regular Session The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., D...
Nobles County Board
Summary of Minutes
January 7, 2014, Regular Session
The Nobles Board of Commissioners met in regular session at the Government Center in the City of Worthington. Commissioners Marvin Zylstra, Matt Widboom, Robert Demuth Jr., Donald Linssen and Gene Metz were in attendance.
• Marvin Zylstra was elected Board Chair and Matt Widboom was elected Vice-Chair for 2014.
• Approved agenda as amended and proceedings of the December 17, 2013 County Board meeting.
• Approved an updated HIPAA Business Associate Agreement with Delta Dental.
• Approved resolution setting maximum positions allocated to each county department for 2014.
• Approved an extension til March 31, 2014 with Trusight for the Professional Services Contract for the classification and compensation study.
• Reviewed the Catastrophic Leave Bank annual report for 2013.
• Established the 2014 meetings of the County Board to be the first Tuesday after the first Monday of each month and the second to last Tuesday of each month @ 9:00 a.m. in the Nobles County Government Center with the exception of the June 17th, 2014 meeting at 3:00 p.m.
• Adopted County Board Operating Rules and Guidelines Policy for 2014.
• Approved designating the Daily Globe the official legal newspaper.
• Authorized the County Auditor-Treasurer to pay certain expenses without prior County Board approval.
• Adopted the amended 2014 Fee Schedule.
• Approved setting the date for the County Board of Equalization for Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 @ 6:00 p.m.
• Approved resolution appointing Commissioners to Joint County Ditch Board.
• Approved the Board of Commissioners Committee appointments for 2014.
• Appointed citizens to various Boards, Committees and Commissions.
• Approved an Audit Services Contract with Clifton LarsonAllen for the year ended December 31, 2013.
• Approved Change Order #3 with Doom & Cuypers, Inc. for Nobles County Facility Improvements at the Government Center.
• Approved December 27th, 2013 travel expenses.
• Approved a grant contract with the MN Dept of Employment and Economic Development Business and Community Development Division for the April 2013 winter storm.
• Adopted resolution setting the minimum salaries to be paid those officers for the term next following: Attorney, Auditor-Treasurer, Recorder and Sheriff.
• Adopted resolution authorizing the issuance, awarding sale, prescribing the form and details and providing for the payment of $5,695,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2014A.
• Approved claims for payment totaling $941,099.94.
• No further business, meeting adjourned at 10:58 a.m.
The above represents a summary of the County Board actions on the listed date. The full text is available for public inspection in the Nobles County Administration Office and on the Nobles County Web www.co.nobles.mn.us .