PARKERS PRAIRIE -- The body found inside of a rural Otter Tail County house that burned down Tuesday was an 88-year-old man who lived in the house, officials said today.

Walter Wallace Paulson, 88, died of carbon monoxide poisoning before being found on the scene of the fire, according to a news release from the Otter Tail County's Sheriff Office.

Newsletter signup for email alerts

Paulson's home at 18400 County Highway 42 was engulfed in flames when a caller driving by reported the blaze to authorities at 4:13 a.m. on Tuesday.

Investigators have ruled Paulson's death accidental and don't expect the fire's cause to involve foul play, according to news releases from the sheriff's office.

County tax records list Paulson as an owner of the 110-year-old home, which is about three miles east of Parkers Prairie.