ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fire east of Adrian causes minor damage

ADRIAN -- Flames erupted from a house located about two miles east of Adrian Thursday afternoon, but the Adrian Fire Department swiftly arrived on the scene and took care of the fire before it could spread.Adrian Fire Chief Adam Henning said he s...

3936251+011318.N.DG_.FIREADRIAN.jpg
Adrian firefighters respond to a house fire Thursday afternoon on Nobles County 35. (Karl Evers-Hillstrom/The Globe)

ADRIAN - Flames erupted from a house located about two miles east of Adrian Thursday afternoon, but the Adrian Fire Department swiftly arrived on the scene and took care of the fire before it could spread.
Adrian Fire Chief Adam Henning said he suspected the fire spread from a wood-burning stove system near the rear of the house. When the department arrived at about 3 p.m., flames were shooting out of the back corner of the house, emboldened by strong winds.
The owner of the home, located on Nobles County 35, was unharmed in the fire. In addition to apparent fire damage, the house suffered some smoke and water damage, but remains structurally intact.
The Rushmore Fire Department and Adrian Ambulance were called to the scene to assist. The Nobles County Sheriff’s Office was also on the scene.

What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
“We see that when things happen in the coastal areas, a few years later, they start trending toward the Midwest,” said Rep. Ben Krohmer, serving his first term in the House.
“This is sensationalism at its finest, and it does not deserve to be heard in our state capitol,” Rep. Erin Healy, a Democrat and one of 10 votes against the bill in the 70-person chamber, said.
“Let’s put this in the rearview mirror,” Sen. Michael Diedrich, a Rapid City Republican said.