WORTHINGTON — The terms of three Worthington City Council members and four members of the Independent School District 518 Board of Education will expire at the end of the year.

Those positions, as well as multiple other municipal, school district and township posts across Nobles County, will be on the ballot come Election Day (Nov. 3). The candidate filing period for each of these terms officially begins today and concludes Aug. 11.

On the Worthington City Council, the seats currently held by council member-at-large Chad Cummings, Ward 1 Councilman Alan Oberloh and Ward 2 Councilwoman Amy Ernst are all on the ballot this year. For the District 518 board, the seats of Brad Shaffer, Linden Olson, Stephen Schnieder and Joel Lorenz will also be on the ballot.

Candidates for the following additional municipal posts may also begin filing on Tuesday:

Adrian: Mayor John Faber; council members Tracy Kunkel and Dean VonHoltum.

Bigelow: Mayor Stacie Golombiecki; two council positions.

Brewster: Mayor Randy Schmitz; two council positions.

Dundee: Mayor Tony Vanden Bosch; two council positions.

Ellsworth: Council members Larry DeBeer and Richard Gaul; special election for council seat last held by Paul Snyder.

Kinbrae: Mayor Glen Grunewald; two council positions.

Lismore: Mayor Jill Diekmann; council members Steve Wieneke and Dan Diekmann.

Round Lake: Mayor Doug Knuth; council members Paul Cunningham and Gary Larson.

Rushmore: Two council positions.

Wilmont: Mayor Paul Grant; two council positions.

Bloom Township: Town Clerk Nan Henning; Town Supervisor Seat C.

Graham Lakes Township: Town Clerk Donna Kempema; Town Supervisor Seat C.

Seward Township: Town Treasurer Elizabeth Stapek; Town Supervisor Seat B and Seat C.

Worthington Township: Town Clerk Josh Petersen; Town Supervisor Seat B and Town Supervisor Seat C.

The Adrian District 51, Ellsworth Public School and Round Lake-Brewster District 2907 school boards will also have open seats available come November that may be filed for beginning today.

People interested in filing for city and school board positions must file in those entities’ administrative offices. People interested in filing for township offices should contact their township clerk