District 518 approves hires, resignations and terminations in December
The District 518 Board of Education approved changes in employment for many employees at its Dec. 20 meeting.
We are part of The Trust Project.
WORTHINGTON — The District 518 Board of Education approved changes in employment for many employees at its Dec. 20 meeting. They were:
“I want you to be very creative,” resident artist Bobbie Alsgaard Lien told Brienna Bahl’s class of first-grade students Thursday. “You’re artists now!”
Mahoney was named Education Minnesota Worthington’s Teacher of the Year in May 2022.
Jenson will be invited to a recognition banquet in March and League officials will announce the four statewide Triple A Award winners at that time.
- McKenzie Mulder as class I paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary
- Logan Smith as class II paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary
- Ximena Lopez Cervera as Prairie Elementary Targeted Services Site Assistant
- Morelia Reyes Santillan as class II paraprofessional at the Intermediate School
- Criscelia Jimenez as class I paraprofessional at the Intermediate School
- Leslie Resendiz as class II paraprofessional at the Intermediate School
- Michelle Olague as class I paraprofessional at Worthington High School
- Maria Valle as paraprofessional with Community Education
- Lonnie Myrom as assistant cross country coach
- Jazmin Sanchez Ortega as class I paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary
- Christian Lopez as ASD paraprofessional at the Intermediate School
- Bruce Bohning as Custodian at WHS
“With just one student, it was a little challenging,” Tarus said. “... the harvest was a little rough.”
The Jackson County Libraries are hosting puzzle competitions at all three libraries on Feb. 25.
- Yuleiri Murillo Parra as class II paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary
- Juan Flores as Prairie Elementary targeted services site assistant
- Isela Sanchez as Prairie Elementary targeted services site assistant
- Kristen Andersen as class II paraprofessional at Prairie Elementary
- Heidi Bursch as Intermediate School targeted services teacher rover
- Deb Feltman as class II paraprofessional at Worthington Middle School
- Nolan DeCoste as EBD paraprofessional at WMS
- Michael Preuss as class I paraprofessional at the Learning Center
- Tyson Henkels as full time Cable 3 IT media technician
- Jason Gerhard as lead IT support specialist/video board supervisor
The application deadline is March 6.
“We’ve been really fortunate as far as equipment goes. Things break when it gets cold. The guys have been really good about being careful.”