International Festival 2022 Schedule of Events
All the events scheduled for the International Festival, from Thursday, July 7, to Saturday, July 9.
We are part of The Trust Project.
Thursday, July 7
- 6:30 to 9 p.m.: Immigrant Conversations, Worthington Memorial Auditorium
- 6:30 p.m.: Ethnic Food samples ($1 per sample)
- 7 p.m.: Film “Five Years North”. The coming-of-age story of Luis, an undocumented Guatemalan boy who arrived alone in New York City. He struggles to work, study and evade Judy, the Cuban-American ICE officer patrolling his neighborhood.
- 8:30 p.m.: Panel presentation and dialogue
- 5:30 p.m.: Opening Ceremony , with a greeting, welcome by Worthington Mayor Mike Kuhle, Flags of the World presentation and National Anthem by Raquel and Hector Arriba.
- 6 to 7 p.m.: Innocent Reggae performance
- 7:05 to 7:10 p.m.: Arianna and Zoe Gilles, Youth performance
- 7:10 to 8 p.m.: Native Fashion Show
- 8:05 to 9 p.m.: Innocent Reggae performance
- 10:45 a.m.: Greeting from Nobles County Administrator Bruce Heitkamp
- 11 to 11:05 a.m.: Grace Holmbeck, Youth Performance
- 11:05 to 11: 35 a.m.: Norsk duo
- 11:40 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.: Gabriel Fueston and friends (latino rock)
- 12:30 to 1:25 p.m.: Pan Dimensions (Caribbean steel drums)
- 1:30 to 1:35 p.m.: Emma Holmbeck, Youth performance
- 1:40 to 2 p.m.: Lion Dance group (Chinese ceremonial dance)
- 2:05 to 3 p.m.: Los Rebeldes (Latino Ranchero music)
- 3:05 to 4 p.m.: Rince Na Chroi Irish dance group
- 4:05 to 4:35 p.m.: Norsk duo
- 4:40 to 5:10 p.m.: Zumba performance (audience participation)
- 5:15 to 5:55 p.m.: Cristo Rey (local Mariachi group)
- 6 to 6:15 p.m.: Lao dance
- 6:20 to 7:15 p.m.: Genet Abate (East African music and dance)
- 7:15 to 9:15 p.m.: Ecuador Manta (Latin American pan pipes)
The first two books in the "Serial Killer Eyes" series are out now.
LISTEN: RL-B to retry $30 million referendum, Pioneer Village vandalism, candidate filings | Aug. 17, 2022
Follow the Globe Minute, our twice-weekly Worthington news and weather podcast, on Apple, Spotify, or Google Podcasts!