Library News: Week of Sept. 18, 2022
Fall Book Sale dates are set.
WORTHINGTON — The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, is open from noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, noon to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Friends of the Library Book Club: The next meeting is 6 p.m. Sept. 26, at the Worthington library. The group will discuss “The Last House on the Street,” by Diane Chamberlain. All are welcome to attend.
Fall Book Sale: Oct. 5-8, Nobles County Library program room (basement), Worthington. There is a large amount of items this time, so please mark your calendars. Come look through a variety of adult fiction and non-fiction, young adult books, paperbacks, children's books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs and more. The book sale is open to the public and not restricted to library card users.
After-School Programming at the Nobles County Library in Worthington begins this week. Please stop by the library or call (507) 295-5340 to sign up your children. Participants are responsible for their own ride to and from the library.
Sept. 19: Wii (Grades 5-9), until 4:45 p.m. (Schedules will be distributed.)
Sept. 20: After-School Program (Grades K-5), until 4:45 p.m.
Sept. 21: Story Time (Toddlers & Preschoolers), 10 to 11 a.m.
Sept. 22: After-School Program (Grades K-5), until 4:45 p.m.
Sept. 26: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9), until 4:45 p.m.
Sept. 27: After-School Program (Grades K-5), until 4:45 p.m.
New at the Library
New Books: “The Best Friend” by Jessica Fellowes, “Edge of Dusk” by Colleen Coble, “Mysterious Minnesota” by Adrian Lee, “The Getaway” by Emily March, “Mother Brain” by Chelsea Conaboy, “Dreamland” by Nicholas Sparks and “The Shadow Murders” by Jussi Adler-Olsen.
New DVDs: “Elvis”, “Ali & Ava”, “Where the Crawdads Sing”, “Father Brown” (Season 9), “Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris”, “Blue Bloods” (Season 12) and “Mr. Malcolm’s List”.
New Audiobooks: “Captive” by Iris Johansen, “I Remember You” by Brian Freeman, “Reckoning” by Catherine Coulter, “Overkill” by Sandra Brown and “Treasure State” by C.J. Box.
Want to see more new items? Sign up to receive a complete list of new items weekly at the Nobles County Library! Visit nclibrary.org and sign up for Wowbrary! (toward the bottom of the homepage). Once you sign up, you will receive an e-mail every Wednesday morning of everything new at the library.
New Library App: Download the Aspen LiDA app and login using your library card number. From there you can browse the Nobles County Library’s collections, see new materials, manage your library account, search and download electronic resources, store your library card digitally and much, much more.
Author visits in Worthington
- William Kent Krueger, author of “This Tender Land”, “Lightning Strike”, “Purgatory Ridge”, “Ordinary Grace” and more, will speak from 1 to 2 p.m. Sept. 24.
- Kate Swenson, author of “Forever Boy: A Mother’s Memoir of Autism and Finding Joy” and blog “Finding Cooper’s Voice,” will speak from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
- Adrian Lee, author of supernatural books, “How to Be a Christian Psychic”, “Mysterious Minnesota”, “Mysterious Midwest” and more, will speak from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 24.
- Kathie Hendricks “Kate Henry”, Luverne author of children’s books “Backyard Hockey”, “Please Don’t Eat the Cupcakes” and more, will present a children’s program from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., and an adult program from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 8.
- Watch our Facebook page and nclibrary.org for updates and future events.