Storm-damaged hog barn catches fire in rural Adrian
Firefighters from the Ellsworth Fire Department responded to the scene and extinguished the blaze.
ADRIAN — A hog barn damaged by storms earlier this year caught fire at 4:32 p.m. Friday in the 29000 block of Bulick Avenue.
"It wasn't much of a fire," said Ellsworth Fire Chief Terry DeBeer. "It was pretty small."
People were working on cleaning up the barn following the storm damage and had obtained a burn permit in order to dispose of the debris, DeBeer said. A spark from that fire started some insulation ablaze, prompting the fire call.
No hogs were in the barn because it hadn't been used since the storm, and the fire was in the part of the building that had already been damaged.
Two pumpers, two tankers and a heavy rescue vehicle responded to the scene, along with 17 firefighters, DeBeer said, but the scene was cleared in about 20 minutes.