ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Supreme Court rejects former Adrian man's petition or review

HADDOCKAPPEAL
Haddock

ST. PAUL — The Minnesota Supreme Court rejected a former Adrian man's petition seeking further review of the state's Court of Appeals decision to affirm his criminal sexual conduct convictions.

Bradly J. Haddock, 33, filed a petition with the state's highest court on Oct. 30, approximately four weeks after the Minnesota Court of Appeals rejected his argument that the 14-year-old victim's statements made to a Child's Voice examiner should not have admissible at trial because they were "inconsistent" with the victim's trial testimony.

In May 2018, a jury in Nobles County District Court convicted Haddock of raping a 14-year-old girl during an Aug. 3, 2017 sexual assault. He was sentenced to a 14-year prison sentence during an emotional September 2018 sentencing.

Haddock had moved to Worthington for a brief period before being incarcerated. He is currently serving his sentence at Minnesota Department of Corrections' Moose Lake prison. He may be eligible for parole in September 2027.

Related Topics: CRIME AND COURTS
What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
“We see that when things happen in the coastal areas, a few years later, they start trending toward the Midwest,” said Rep. Ben Krohmer, serving his first term in the House.
“This is sensationalism at its finest, and it does not deserve to be heard in our state capitol,” Rep. Erin Healy, a Democrat and one of 10 votes against the bill in the 70-person chamber, said.
“Let’s put this in the rearview mirror,” Sen. Michael Diedrich, a Rapid City Republican said.