ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Reading fire leaves one homeless

READING -- One person was displaced as a result of the fire late Friday night on a rural Reading farm site. Rushmore Fire Chief Brent Petersen reported Monday that the adult male may be staying with family.The Rushmore Fire Department was paged t...

2267031+House fire daylight. web.jpg
Tim Middagh/Daily Globe

READING - One person was displaced as a result of the fire late Friday night on a rural Reading farm site.

Rushmore Fire Chief Brent Petersen reported Monday that the adult male may be staying with family.
The Rushmore Fire Department was paged to the scene at approximately 9:40 p.m. Friday to the blaze, and called for mutual assistance from both Wilmont and Worthington. Petersen said his crew was on the scene until approximately 3 a.m.
“(It was) cold, dark and icy,” Petersen said, adding that the site is “a long ways from just about anywhere - out in the middle of nowhere.”
Despite the frigid conditions, Petersen said there weren’t any problems battling the blaze.
The fire, he said, may likely have been caused by a wood burning stove in the home.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
The North Dakota Highway Patrol investigated the Wednesday, Jan. 25, crash.
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
“We see that when things happen in the coastal areas, a few years later, they start trending toward the Midwest,” said Rep. Ben Krohmer, serving his first term in the House.
“This is sensationalism at its finest, and it does not deserve to be heard in our state capitol,” Rep. Erin Healy, a Democrat and one of 10 votes against the bill in the 70-person chamber, said.